CN Employees’ and Pensioners’ Community Fund celebrates 50 years of giving and is run by CN employees and pensioners acting on behalf of their colleagues and peers. Thanks to the generosity of CN employees and pensioners and the diligence of its many volunteers over the years, our Fund is one of the largest and most successful of its kind in Canada. The Fund is a non-profit organization that organizes fundraising activities and annual campaigns in support of various Canadian charities.
Initially focused on the provinces of Quebec and Ontario, the scope of the CN Employees’ and Pensioners’ Community Fund was widened with the 2014 campaign to now include CN's network across Canada.
Last year’s campaign met with unprecedented success, raising a total of more than C$1.9 million.
Over the past ten years, the Fund has raised more than C$14.7 million in support of a range of non-profit organizations to help the less fortunate.
TOP 5 REASONS TO GIVE THROUGH THE COMMUNITY FUND
• 100% of your donation goes directly to the chosen non-profit organization and is subject to zero administration fees (those being assumed by CN);
• You can take advantage of the convenience of automatic payroll or pension deductions;
• You can contribute to over 500 Canadian organizations;
• You can also add the charity of your choice. Make the request on our website;
• A tax receipt is issued for all donations over $20.
Moreover, contribution to United Way of $1,000 and more are acknowledged by the Community Fund and we ensure that donors are registered in the organization recognition program established in each region.
When you make a contribution of $500 or more to any single organization, the Fund will ensure that you will receive a personal letter of recognition from the organization.
Finally, you can be eligible to the first-time donor's super tax credit proposed by the Federal Government, for more information please refer to the following link : http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/gncy/bdgt/2013/qa01-eng.html